Towers and Gates - Milan Bartos/Dukase

• The next building will be a bunch of them! 5, to be precise. All of them represent towers and gates. All of them are published by Dukase and drawn by Milan Bartos. So, I found it reasonable to group them in a single thread. The idea is to assemble by an ascending number of parts. I noted that what may look as a single part may be a dozen or more, printed together, which is not a problem…

The first, Valdicka Brana has close to 150 parts. They are printed on 4 A4+ pages in thin but good quality paper. The kit includes a cover and back sheet with nice pictures and a description of the building, as shown in the first pictures.

• Xcuse me, are there any tickets left for this great movie? daumen1

Liebe Grüsse an alle Mitkleber: Krisztián
    Leute, die Modellbögen kaufen denken, dass sie auch die Zeit kaufen, die für ihre Montage notwendig ist. Aber ich bin alt genug zu wissen, dass es nicht wahr ist.
    People buying model booklets think they also buy the time necessary for their assembly. But I am old enough to know it is not true at all. verlegen2 prost2

• @ Kriszme - You can come in as a special guest prost2 The movie will have 5 chapters zwinker2

In this case (but not on others) the tower also serves as a gate. The passageway and its construction method are shown in the pictures. I was surprised with the instruction to thicken some parts with card. It is not so usual, on a Czech model. However, I have nothing against, as the trick serves to, literally, add a new dimension to the paper.

• Welcome aboard, Dieter!

As the main tower has no access, I guess that’s the function of the side tower. The outside steps are modeled one by one. The thickness is given by the card and there are no tabs, giving a fine look.

• I agree, Fred. It is very effective!
    The tower is not a standalone structure. The kit includes a wall section and, as usual with this stable, the modeler can choose between the “simple” and “realistic” versions. Not surprisingly, I went for the second one, with recessed windows and doors, as well as other details.

• Hello John - frankly, I very much like the colors :) The may be “informatic” but work well and texture repetitions are hardly noticeable!

The next floors are a bit more interesting, as they include the roof of the annex tower.

• The top of the tower is the best part. The kit has the “easy” version, with plain faces, but it would be a pity not to go to the “realistic” version…

• The gate is complete. It is not an ambitious model because the building is relatively simple. However, the detail level (on the realistic version) and the colors are very good.

The next will be a tower (vez, discounting accents) and not a gate (brana, also discounting accents…).

• Thanks, Dieter and Fred prost2
    @ Fred - yes, I noted so on other kits. The pointed roof should serve to avoid snow accumulation...

The Radnicni tower occupies the corner of a large group of buildings. The kit includes the tower and a bit of the annex buildings. It has just 3 pages, as shown in the pictures.

• The tower is not a gate but there is a door inside! The assembly shown is tricky, as any misalignment would cause a twist. I added card rectangles at the base, in order to stabilize the shape before gluing the whole thing to the base.

• Wonderful work Ricardo. Yes, sometimes the only way out of a twist is proper reinforcement.
    If I recall, you were not a big fan of reinforcement.
    John

• Hello John. Yes, I’m not a big fan of reinforcement. But, as you, I like card templates zwinker2

Fixing the roof was tricky because of the poor accessibility. It is a complex surface, with concave and convex angles. Very “mobile”, if you see what I mean.

• Dieses Thema enthält 77 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.