Fortschritt E 512 Agromodels 1:32

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Fortschritt E 512 Agromodels 1:32

This time I am joininig the farmers’ section. It is not as popular as the military equipment but there are some machines for gluing. The publisher is the Czech Agromodels which deals only with this specific aspect of machine industry.
      This particular combine(d) harvester-tresher was a product of the East German (DDR) VEB Kombinat Fortschritt Landmachinen in Neustadt (Sachsen). It was manufactured between 1968 and 1988.
      The model is a design of Jiři Bouška, a Czech constructor known for his series of land farming machines.
      The set is very detailed. In spite of its relatively small scale it doesn’t contain micro parts. The components are really scattered all over the booklet pages - intensive browsing is a required basic skill.
      Fitting is usually very precise but the length of the stripes around the circular parts is sometimes insufficient.
      I am sorry for the absence of process photos because my daily building time is restricted to late hours, after 10 pm and I don’t want to flash at this time.
      I still cannot understand why publishers, commercializing their products all over EU cannot attach an English and /or German instructions except Czech. Or another simple idea - better, more usable (ie. detailed), obvious assembly drawings.
      The touching areas of the body walls and the underpart look a bit rugged because I glued the sides without noticing I should fold their upper parts. This only emphasizes the importance of the well designed univoque assembly drawings. Before correction I had to dismantle it, of course, and I could not entirely remove the leftovers of the glue.

In the pics below you can see what I have finshed so far.

Best regards from / Liebe Grüsse von: Krisztián
      People buying model booklets think they also buy the time necessary for their assembly. But I am old enough to know it is not true at all. verlegen2 prost2
    • In the following pictures you can see how I reinforce the larger flat surfaces and flat but sectioned surfaces. It surely prolongs the construction time (measure the sections, draw the appropriate shape, glue one or two layers of 0.4 mm cardboad) but it also provides stability.
      I also have to add that very much attention must be paid to the connecting areas: one has to be left out (female) while the other can go to the end of the rim (male). If precisely cut, it will fit as the Danish plastic cube manufactor's ( happy 2 ) toy.

Best regards from / Liebe Grüsse von: Krisztián
      People buying model booklets think they also buy the time necessary for their assembly. But I am old enough to know it is not true at all. verlegen2 prost2