Beam Engine House

• Hello,
    A partially built Stuart beam engine came into my possession this past week. I would like to build it into a diorama as I have done with two other steam engine projects. The engine will be built on another site, but I thought a way to bring my participation here to a close would be to show the construction of a prototpe paper (foamboard) building to house the engine.

Foamboard is a very nice material. It can be easily cut and is very stable and thick enough to glue and hold fast on just its edge.

These photos will show the parts well handled and a bit dirty. This has occurred because they have been taken apart many times to get proportions correct.

The project began with modelling the base and the floor.

Next came the engine's column and the back wall.

• Thank you Dieter.
    I will not be posting the construction of the engine here. However, I will be posting 'To Date' photos in the metal section of this forum from time to time as the beam engine progresses.

Cheers...John

• Hi John,

you are really into this old machinery. This stuff never gets stale. It may sound weird, but somehow those big chunks of steam power were a lot more lovable than our present, overly perfect engines. I will be following this build as interested as your former ones!

Cheers, Martin

03.11.2022 fertig: Spitfire MK.V auf Schwimmern, Models by Marek, 2. Anlauf.

09.10.2023 fertig: Wettbewerbsmodell Fairbanks Morse CFA-16 der Canadian National Railway, HS Design, 1:45

18.01.2024 fertig: Batmobile, Christopher Spitler, 1:24

20.01.2024 wieder begonnen: Supermarine Seafire LF MK.III, Models by Marek, 1:33