Nakajima Ki-43 - Halinski - 1/33

• As announced, the next plane will be a Nakajima Ki-43, from Halinski. The kit was released in 2006, when they published more new (and good) kits than variants and alternative liveries.

My copy of the kit is in gloss paper. It is not apparent on the general kit pictures but the aluminum finish is very shinny. Gloss paper is not the best friend of white glue and I am expecting some difficulties.

The Ki-43 is an elegant fighter of regular size. So, not surprisingly, the kit has the usual 4 pages in color and two in black and white, in thin paper. Having a radial engine, the number of parts is close to 850. Quite respectable!

• But these obstacles will not prevent you from making a beauty, won't they? daumen1

Liebe Grüsse an alle Mitkleber: Krisztián
    Leute, die Modellbögen kaufen denken, dass sie auch die Zeit kaufen, die für ihre Montage notwendig ist. Aber ich bin alt genug zu wissen, dass es nicht wahr ist.
    People buying model booklets think they also buy the time necessary for their assembly. But I am old enough to know it is not true at all. verlegen2 prost2

• @ Kriszme - I hope not zwinker2

Despite the radial engine, the cockpit is not very wide. The engine is relatively small and the cockpit base plate shows that the fuselage width decreases noticeably from front to the back.

• Hello Hagen,

Under-armed, lightly constructed and agile :)

Some cockpit details – back of the fuselage guns, pedals and control column. This one is not yet glued and will have to be rotated, maybe after assembling the pilot’s seat.

• As often happens on Halinski kits, the instrument panel is a sandwich with a plastic sheet in the middle. Regarding the other details, I swapped the wire bits for rolled paper.

• Hagen - Maybe Halinski is sparing on the details grins 2

The pilot’s seat is made up of two assemblies. The gluing surfaces are very small and the result is quite fragile. It has to be handled with care!

• The cockpit side panels have many more pretty details.

I painted (in black) the lines where the internal formers are supposed to match. This way, any minor misalignment should pass relatively unnoticed lala1

• I'm always deeply puzzled how finely you work!

Liebe Grüsse an alle Mitkleber: Krisztián
    Leute, die Modellbögen kaufen denken, dass sie auch die Zeit kaufen, die für ihre Montage notwendig ist. Aber ich bin alt genug zu wissen, dass es nicht wahr ist.
    People buying model booklets think they also buy the time necessary for their assembly. But I am old enough to know it is not true at all. verlegen2 prost2

• The rudder has more parts than expectable at first sight. The “problem” is on the bulbous lower section, needed to mate the rear fuselage. Careful shaping and dry fit testing is very much recommended.

• The rear fuselage is somewhat card-intensive. I tend to cut the formers just inside the line. It is often useful to have room for adjustments. In this case, the assembly proved easy.

• Dieses Thema enthält 43 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.