Hamburger Michel - 1/300 - Schreiber-Bogen

• My first Scheiber-Bogen assembly was the Hamburger Michel. Not bad for a start, as it has 429 parts. I assembled it in 2003. The kit is excellent, maybe a bit tricky on the tower stairs but very rewarding. Definitely one of my Schreiber’s favorites!

At the time, I didn’t use to take construction pictures. So, this “Gallery” show just general views:

Side views:

And a couple of details.

• Thanks freundlich1
    @ Andy - It is my first Schreiber but not the first kit. I used to assemble very simple models before switching for scratchbuilt planes (in paper).
    The Hamburger Michel was the second (after Erkotyp's Pardubice) kit bought in an e-shop, in 2003. It was the first time I searched the net for paper models and, since then, production continues at an alarming pace...

• Hi Ricardo,
    You were off and running on a wonderful journey of building outstanding architectural structures. What a wonderful second build. Hamburger Michel is a classic Schreiber-Bogen Kartonmodellbau.

The artwork of Przemyslaw Tabernacle is stunning. You equal his mastery.

• Thanks, Rainer.
    @ John - yes, this kit is one of Schreiber's best. Thanks for adding the construction pictures. In 2003, I didn't use to take construction shots and had almost forgotten how the designer managed to model all those complex walls. The parts add up in layers to make such beautiful effects!

• @ John - I remember some trouble when shaping the centre column and the stairs. Discarding the color shift on my camera, you can check that the paper strip bordering the stairs has not the same color in our models. I have a feeling that it is not part of the kit. If so, we had the same idea!

• Hallo Ricardo,

Heute ist es soweit: Eines Deiner Bilder wurde zum Bild der Woche auserkoren und wird ab heute für eine Woche unsere Portalseite zieren!
    In den kommenden Monaten wird es darüber hinaus, auf der Slide-Show der Portalseite zu sehen sein!!
    Im kommenden Jahr nimmt es automatisch an der Auswahl zum Bild des Jahres teil!

Dein Bild ist somit zum offiziellen Aushängeschild unseres schönen Forums geworden!
    Ich hoffe, dass sich noch viele Modellbauer ein Beispiel nehmen, ebenfalls so tolle Bilder von Ihren Modellen aufnehmen und hier online
    stellen!
    Vielen Dank für Dein Engagement im Forum!

Für das Team,
    Peter