Olkiluoto 3 Power Plant - MTP - 1/350

• Thanks, Kriszme and Norbert :-)
      @ Norbert - it would be nice, with the empty building!

The assemblies shown before model the confinement wall and cover. The “real” reactor buildings and equipment are inside and have their own structures. Today’s pictures show the inner wall above the main floor. The top serves to support the rotating rolling crane.

• Neu

I'm very impressed about the accuracy you build the parts.
      Also no drop of glue on the parts.

I know, there is also a big sheet of paper, where you can place the buildings.

Will you use this one?

I feel curious about your plan about this one.
      Die Idee, des perfekten Modells beim ersten Anschneiden, bis zum ersten Schnitzer und dann das entspannte weiterbauen...
    • Neu

Hi Ric,

very very well done. Perfect work on a fantastic model. I am very astonished, what kind of paper models are available in this world and that there are always people who can build them in a just more fantastic way.

Greetings
      hj
      "Fear sam bith a loisgeas a mhàs, 's e fhèin a dh'fheumas suidhe air." (gälische Weisheit)
      "Who ever burns his backside must himself sit upon it." (englische Übersetzung)
      was1 ach so, in deutsch: wut1
    • Neu

Thanks for the comments :-)

@ Daniel - yes, I intend to use the base. It will have to be laminated in something stronger and stiffer than card. The instructions recommend making all the buildings before gluing them to the base and I am following the advice.

@ SchnippSchnapp - the sad thing is that spare time to assemble the models is limited. There are so many kits I'd like to build (beyond those that I bought and keep waiting)...

The rotating crane is, even at 1/350, a substantial assembly, full of fine detail. I added 4 rolled paper pins, below, in order to center the crane and still allow it to rotate. The place I have to store the completed model is not deep enough and the base will not be horizontal. Without the pins, the crane would not hold with a sloped base.

• Neu

Hello Ric,

Ricleite schrieb:

the sad thing is that spare time to assemble the models is limited.
      I know this problem very well. I also haven't so much time that I would need to build all that's interesting. But let me tell You: this model You choosed here is a fantastic one that I habe never seen before. And You do it so well - it's incredible. I go on watching it with great pleasure.

Greetings
      hj
      "Fear sam bith a loisgeas a mhàs, 's e fhèin a dh'fheumas suidhe air." (gälische Weisheit)
      "Who ever burns his backside must himself sit upon it." (englische Übersetzung)
      was1 ach so, in deutsch: wut1