Alte Autos

• Wie schön fusionieren der hintergrund mit dem vordergrund. Und Tramlok auf Avatar ist auch interessant!

Liebe Grüsse an alle Mitkleber: Krisztián
    Leute, die Modellbögen kaufen denken, dass sie auch die Zeit kaufen, die für ihre Montage notwendig ist. Aber ich bin alt genug zu wissen, dass es nicht wahr ist.
    People buying model booklets think they also buy the time necessary for their assembly. But I am old enough to know it is not true at all. verlegen2 prost2

• Hallo Edward,
    das ist mal ein schöner, rarer Exot. Ich glaube, ich habe das Vorbild vor Jahren im Automobilmuseum in Mulhouse / Elsass gesehen.
    Du hast gegenüber dem Modellbaubogen die Oberflächen noch plastischer gestaltet. Möchtest Du uns erzählen, wie?
    Und ich glaube, Airgoon (Norm) hat einmal ein Tutorial über den Bau von Speichenrädern gemacht, die zu diesem Modell sehr gut passen.
    Ich finde es jedenfalls toll, dass mit Dir ein weiterer Freund alter Autos in dieses Forum gekommen ist!

Viele Grüße, Martin

03.11.2022 fertig: Spitfire MK.V auf Schwimmern, Models by Marek, 2. Anlauf.

09.10.2023 fertig: Wettbewerbsmodell Fairbanks Morse CFA-16 der Canadian National Railway, HS Design, 1:45

18.01.2024 fertig: Batmobile, Christopher Spitler, 1:24

20.01.2024 wieder begonnen: Supermarine Seafire LF MK.III, Models by Marek, 1:33

• Hallo Martin,

I will switch to Englisch because my german is very basic.
    I am a big fan of old cars (and trains). Specially Citroen cars. I have a small collection of the real cars. Maybe you have seen my Citroen website https://www.schaalbouw.nl/citroen/ .

I like building a model every now and then and paper is such a fantastic material!!

The rivets are simply drops of white glue and the cooling ribs are simply little cuts and then pressed outward. The model is nicely detailed but I made some adaptions in the lower area. The Airgoon tutorial has some very good tips. I like the wheels as they are and because they are completely in the fenders it looks acceptable I think.

Here some Citroens I did build. The DS is very hard to build nicely. I saw you made several. The HY was fun to build and looks good.

• Hello Edward,

right, let´s write in English. It also took me several attempts to build my model of the DS, but it is the only one of the series 2 in paper. Those twin frontlights are extremely hard to represent in paper.
    Yes, I have seen your homepage before when looking for details on my next model build. I still own 2 Citroen Visa and a Citroen BX, but they have mostly been laying dormant over the last years: Caring for my mother ate up most of my time. I hope next summer will see some more workshop action on my behalf.

Cheers, Martin

03.11.2022 fertig: Spitfire MK.V auf Schwimmern, Models by Marek, 2. Anlauf.

09.10.2023 fertig: Wettbewerbsmodell Fairbanks Morse CFA-16 der Canadian National Railway, HS Design, 1:45

18.01.2024 fertig: Batmobile, Christopher Spitler, 1:24

20.01.2024 wieder begonnen: Supermarine Seafire LF MK.III, Models by Marek, 1:33

• An other project is a steam truck which I bought a year ago at the IPMS event in Houten. I did build it a couple of month ago. The scale is H0 (scaled down from 00 or 4mm).

It is an English Yorkshire steam truck with a so called transverse boiler https://commons.wikimedia.org/…verse_boiler,_section.jpg
    Other interresting vintage truck models are available from the same publisher.

The kit included a set of plastic wheels which I did not use. I did build the truck with the paper wheels. Furthermore I added some details like steps, a driver and a water fill tube.

@AR-MEN At the backgroud some of the models of my own design. It is part of a modular layout I made.

• And another very early truck. A Leyland from 1919. This one I finished a week ago. Its a model published in the 60s.
    I rescaled this model to h0 scale also and added some details like an exhaust.
    The original model still exists today.

• Hi Ed,

really nice cars you are showing to us. And quite not often to see.

Kind regards
    Thomas

P.S. Please notice the order of the pictures. Look at posts 1 and 12, I have put the in the correct order.