USS "Choctaw", Oriel 1:200

• Hello everybody!)

Decided that it was worth showing his construction site here)

I hope these funny ships will be interesting to someone too)

Unfortunately there are not many photos of this interesting ship

Apparently, this model was created from this drawing.

The assembly of the bottom took place as usual, the only gap was in the keel frame, if you can call it that, but the author replied, "If everything came together, then it was planned)"

And it really came together)

the assembly of add-ons is comparable to the assembly of lego, thanks to all these tongues and reciprocal grooves everything is perfectly aligned and centered)

• Not all parts are glued in place

Do not forget to paste this part

The funniest thing is that the battleship has a very interesting design that looks more like a spaceship)

did not look in the instructions)

Hastened and pasted these parts

At first it was necessary to glue a thin part of the bottom, but it’s not difficult to fix it, I just cut it along the contour

The model also has such a seam

to close it there is such a detail

In theory, if you cut it carefully, it should look better)

Size comparisons with "USS Indianola"

• The cutting part had a valve, but I cut it so as not to create a step

A slight inconvenience, increase the skill of the curly cut)

the part is too long, had to be cut already in place

This part is one and erroneous on it (R)

• Orjol published a little series of these "cherepashkas" (turtles). They don't seem to be complicated. And the google translator seems to work well, too. Отличная работа! Great work!

Liebe Grüsse an alle Mitkleber: Krisztián
    Leute, die Modellbögen kaufen denken, dass sie auch die Zeit kaufen, die für ihre Montage notwendig ist. Aber ich bin alt genug zu wissen, dass es nicht wahr ist.
    People buying model booklets think they also buy the time necessary for their assembly. But I am old enough to know it is not true at all. verlegen2 prost2

• Otto, Thomas, Krisztián, Ludwig, Рад Вас Видеть!)

I studied English, and I can at least understand what Google translates to me)

in comparison with this turtle, Choktaw is handsome)

About the model made from scratch I wanted to mention separately)

This freak is a very unique thing, but unfortunately there are not so many photos on it, and the main mystery is how the superstructure is arranged between the wheel covers

Someone does it separately 1/72 scale

Probably based on this picture

Heinkel models makes an add-on U-shaped, but the irregular shape of the body catches your eye

model from Oriel (this is a test model)

In the photographs of a real ship, it is noticeable that a hump of a superstructure peeps in the middle

I will show the drawing again

But there is a drawback, namely the reservation of the lower part of the covers

in the "Indianola" model there were texture reserves that are enough for both casing, with such a texture it will not look so monotonous)

• The bottom is almost complete, in my opinion it turned out pretty well)

The nose is not glued yet

Sidewalls stood up smoothly and beautifully)

and the side of the ship itself)

if you throw everything that is cut onto this monster it looks very funny)

• Hello Nikita,

thank you for sharing this build with us. The Choctaw is really something else, your comparison with a spaceship fits very well. I can´t wait to see the giant paddlewheels done by you.

The model was constructed by Mr. Kustov who has a good reputation for well designed models.

Kind regards

Curmudgeon

• Привет Hикита,

your are showing a very interesting ship. And also the scale (масштаб = Maßstab (for the readers), die Russen verwenden das deutsche Wort dafür) is perfect! This ship could be one for me!?
    Please keep on showing more pictures. Thank you.

Cheers
    Norbert

• Hello Nikita,
    the American civil war is offering a lot of strange ships. The one, you have chosen, is a very strange piece and this is making it very interesting.
    Regards
    Kurt

• Curmudgeon , Tommi, Kurt, Благодарен что вы пришли посмотреть на мою работу)

The model was constructed by Mr. Kustov who has a good reputation for well designed models.

I will personally convey these words to the author, he will be glad to hear it)

And also the scale (масштаб = Maßstab (for the readers), die Russen verwenden das deutsche Wort dafür) is perfect!

After your words it became interesting for me to check it, you're right, we are brothers in Maßstab/Масштаб)

I know what the author is developing models now, even if they are not such giants, but they are also extremely unusual)

Finally, this freak got its shape, I do not like to make large areas, little things make me happy)

If there is a problem with the stern, check the flatness of the deck (I bent it a bit, I had to glue a thin strip to close the gap)

With a battering ram, he began to look noticeably nicer, otherwise some duck is incomprehensible)

According to the instructions, it is not clear at what height the ram should be, glued it approximately according to the figure

tired of carving windows, but now they shine beautifully in the light)

Windows are also carved

• I almost forgot Detail No. 77

I remembered that this part imitates the internal volume of armor in the loopholes, it must be installed before installing the stern part and the loophole covers in the bow cabin (if I hadn’t collected Indianola with a similar part before, I would have completely remembered it)

Also, I have not installed guns yet (they are waiting for painting), but according to the correct assembly sequence, they should)

• At the moment, the model is at this stage)

original item

in the drawing, the lower part is different

modified version)

Beauty)

P.S. I understand that not everyone is comfortable reading my English, but at least I can be sure that a translator is writing to me)

• As a linguist I can add that Russian uses astonishingy many loan words from German in the technical and legal sphere since the age of Peter the Great even in fields where the inner sources could offer a "Slavic" solution.
    BTW, the ship is really exciting.

Liebe Grüsse an alle Mitkleber: Krisztián
    Leute, die Modellbögen kaufen denken, dass sie auch die Zeit kaufen, die für ihre Montage notwendig ist. Aber ich bin alt genug zu wissen, dass es nicht wahr ist.
    People buying model booklets think they also buy the time necessary for their assembly. But I am old enough to know it is not true at all. verlegen2 prost2

• Dieses Thema enthält 32 weitere Beiträge, die nur für registrierte Benutzer sichtbar sind, bitte registrieren Sie sich oder melden Sie sich an um diese lesen zu können.