Space Shuttle Endeavour STS - 49 / L. Badalec, ABC magazine / 1:100

• So... my current project is the space shuttle in 1:100. I am making the the heat schield tiles plastic, so I cut them almost all separate and glue them to the body of the orbiter.

I am trying to recreate the situation that happened during STS-49 flight, when outside the orbiter were 3 astronauts and they were catching the Intelsat satellite by hands. Most of the orbiter is completed and I will slowly began work on the cargo bay and scratch-building the cargo and equipment of this particular flight.

• Wedge1

Changed the title of the thread from “Space Shuttle Endeavour STS - 49 / L. Badalec, ABC magazine / 1:00” to “Space Shuttle Endeavour STS - 49 / L. Badalec, ABC magazine / 1:100”.
  • Very good work, daumen1

I know this model, I have build it any years before...in contact with the MIR

but from where you have the interieur?

Viele Grüße, Michael

Der Mensch lernt und leimt - und alles klebt gut!

• Incredible 👍 do you have more pictures? I am also going to build the shuttle-mir model but using the Revell kits.

The interior is resized from shuttle Atlantis from Betexa in 1:72

• Thank you very much, I know the Mir from AXM but yours looked much better 😁🙆🏼‍♂️ so I had a hope, that maybe there is another Mir somewhere. Anyway, on AXM sites, there is a note that MIR will be added soon in 1:100.. So now and then, I am checking this site. Your model looks amazing ☝️

• Thank you for the compliment! danke1

You can take the russian parts of the AXM-ISS with some Changings...

Viele Grüße, Michael

Der Mensch lernt und leimt - und alles klebt gut!

• Hello guys, some update here. The payload bay doors are completed and the Intelsat cradle is equipped with the motor so it can spin

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• And now it is completed. Building this model I learned a lot and even though, I was quite masochistic with all those tiles, I Really enjoyed it 🙂

• A-ma-zing! You are demonstrating an incredibly high level in building and in composing your pictures. Congratulations on this superb build.

Regards, Martin

03.11.2022 fertig: Spitfire MK.V auf Schwimmern, Models by Marek, 2. Anlauf.

09.10.2023 fertig: Wettbewerbsmodell Fairbanks Morse CFA-16 der Canadian National Railway, HS Design, 1:45

18.01.2024 fertig: Batmobile, Christopher Spitler, 1:24